Real-time physics for Autodesk® Maya 2020
Ragdoll enables animators to work directly with live physics in their character rigs, at a 0-5 ms/frame performance impact.
The results can either plug straight into final render or give technical animators a physically realistic starting point for e.g. high-resolution folds in clothing, volumetric fascia simulation and skin sliding.
Animate like it's 1999, or leverage Full Body Dynamics to automate the vast majority of overlapping animation that even respond to changes in environment and interacts with other characters. Your choice.
Suffer the performance impact of corrective blendshapes and pray that the subsequent muscle simulation won't mess up the silhouette of your finished animation. Or, work with muscles directly as you animate. Your choice.
Animate each individual strand, respond to the overall motion of the body and take care not to intersect. Or, animate with physically accurate hair in real-time. Your choice.
Imagine what cloth will eventually look like weeks after you're finished animating, or work with it directly as you animate. Your choice.
Have I got your attention?
- Performance 0-5 ms/frame, from a single box to a full character with skeleton, hair, cloth and muscles running in parallel with native and interactive forwards and backwards caching, with additional support for Cached Playback in Maya 2020+
- Parallel Evaluation Achieve greater performance with solvers running over separate threads with Maya's native parallel evaluation
- Multi-threaded Even greater performance with each individual solver running over multiple threads, with automatic simulation islands
- Cached Playback Optimise performance and interactivity with Maya's native Cached Playback
- Stability Simulate anything from anatomically correct skeletons to complex mechanical contraptions
- Collision Detection Exactly what would would expect from any self-respecting physics solver
- Constraints Point, Orient and Parent constraints; just like regular Maya constraints, except physical!
- Natural Forces Push, Pull and Turbulence for perfect integration into any environment
- Rewind and Continue Play forwards and backwards without ever having to worry about returning to frame 1. Suck on that, nCloth!
- Active Control Balance animation and physics with life-like control over "virtual muscles"
- Anatomical Limits Precise control over the angle each limb or chain can attain
- Determinsm Trust that every playthrough is identical to the last, even on different machines and operating systems.
- Python API Precise integration into your pipeline with this first-class API, built with the fast and flexible cmdx
- "Just a Girl" modeled by 腱鞘炎の人, modified
- "Super Human" modeled by Davyd Vidiger, modified
- "mGirl" modeled by 鈴木 一平, modified